You need to get an IP address located in Spain, perhaps to view one of your favorite Spanish television shows on networks such as Telecinco, La 1 or even Netflix Espana.
A Spanish IP address also comes in handy if you’re a customer of BBVA online banking and need to access your account from abroad.
How Can a VPN Help?
In this article, I’ll explain how you can use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to get a Spanish IP address.
A Virtual Private Network routes your internet traffic through an encrypted tunnel, keeping your online activities, and their accompanying personal and business-related data, safe from prying eyes.
For the sake of this article, a VPN’s ability to change your IP address is arguably its most important feature.
This allows access to geo-restricted websites and services – such as Spanish streaming video services and online banking sites – no matter where you are physically located around the world.
How to Obtain a Spanish IP Address Using a VPN
Obtaining a Spanish IP address by using a VPN requires a few easy steps:
- Find and subscribe to a suitable VPN provider. (My VPN of choice is NordVPN.)
- Download and install the correct version of the provider’s VPN app for your device(s).
- Once the app is up and running, select one of the available Spanish VPN servers.
- You now have an IP address for Spain! If you run into any issues unblocking Spanish content, disconnect and try another server.
WANT TO TRY THE TOP VPN RISK FREE?
NordVPN offers a feature-complete risk-free 30-day trial period if you sign up at this page. You can use the top-ranked VPN for a Spanish IP address with no limits for 30 days—making the provider a great option if you’re going on a short trip abroad or want to stream from your favorite Spanish content provider.
This offer has no hidden terms—simply contact NordVPN support before 30 days are up if you decide the VPN isn't the right one for you and you'll get a full refund. Start your NordVPN trial here.
What Is the Best VPN for Obtaining a Spanish IP Address?
We tested all of our favorite VPN providers, and the results proved that the following seven VPNs worked best to obtain a Spanish IP address.
If you’re too busy to read the whole article, here’s a summary:
- NordVPN: #1 Spanish IP address provider. This service offers reliable servers located in Spain, as well as fast connections, powerful content-unblocking abilities, excellent privacy protections and multi-app support.
- Surfshark: Budget-priced Spanish IP addresses. This low-price provider delivers speedy connections, has servers located in Spain and offers an unlimited simultaneous connections allowance.
- ExpressVPN: Premium VPN Services. The service offers reliable servers located in Spain, as well as fast connections, powerful content-unblocking abilities, excellent privacy protections and multi-app support.
- CyberGhost: Attractive VPN for rookie users. CyberGhost is the best bet for those new to the VPN world thanks to its easy-to-use apps, offering protection with just a few clicks of the mouse. Features fast, well-protected connections.
- Private Internet Access (PIA): Well-respected VPN provider. PIA delivers reliable access to Spanish IP addresses. The provider’s connections are secured with excellent online security and privacy.
- PrivateVPN: Fast, well-protected connections to Spanish IPs. This service delivers fast, Madrid-based connections for up to six connected devices at once. Works well with several streaming services.
- Atlas VPN: Reliable access to Spanish IP addresses. Its small but growing global network provides fast, well-protected connections to Spanish content.
Each VPN provider has its own particular strengths and weaknesses. Some services offer ultra-fast connection speeds, others offer excellent global server coverage, while still others provide better multi-platform support than their competitors.
When considering the best VPNs to use to grab a Spanish IP address, we considered the following factors:
- Servers based in Spain
- Offers fast connection speeds
- Has the ability to unblock streaming services
- Protects your connection using strong encryption
- Keeps no logs of any kind recording a customer’s online activities
- Provides top-notch multi-platform support
Best VPNs for obtaining a Spanish IP address – Summary table
We’ve compared the most important features for the top VPNs here. Prefer to read the in-depth reviews? Start with NordVPN – our #1 choice for Spain.
|No value||NordVPN||Surfshark||ExpressVPN||CyberGhost||Private Internet Access||PrivateVPN||AtlasVPN|
|Website||NordVPN.com||Surfshark.com||ExpressVPN.com||CyberGhost.com||Private Internet Access.com||PrivateVPN.com||Atlas VPN.com||Ranking||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||Total number of servers||5,595||3,200||3,000||9,073||146||200+||750+||Devices Supported||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TVs, Routers||Windows, MacOS, Linux (command line), iOS, Android, Smart TVs Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Smart TV's, Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, Routers||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV||Avg Speed (Mbps)||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||100+ Mbps||73 Mbps||39 Mbps||100+ Mbps||Popular Sites Unblocked||95%||88%||86%||85%||70%||85%||93%|
|Best deal (per month)||$2.99|
SAVE up to 69% + 3 months free
SAVE 86% + 3 mths free
49% off plus 3 months Free!
Save 83% 2 years + 2 months free
Save 82% on a 2 year plan + 3 months FREE
SAVE 85% on the 3 year plan
SAVE 86% 2 years + 6 months free
NordVPN is my #1 choice for the best VPN to use to grab a Spanish IP address.
This provider has 5,500+ servers located in 60 countries, and 60+ of its servers are located in Spain. The provider is currently making the move to an owned-and-operated server model, keeping third-party contractors well away from user information.
In addition to the usual security and privacy protections, all NordVPN server operations are run 100% from RAM, with no data whatsoever being written to a physical hard drive. This ensures that all data on the server is completely erased when the server is rebooted. The provider’s NordLynx connection protocol is optimized for protection and performance.
Those servers provide fast connections – the fastest I’ve ever seen – that should be more than up to any of your online needs, including streaming your favorite Spain-based content, which NordVPN does a good job of unblocking.
NordVPN supplies native apps for Android, Android TV, iOS, macOS (with native M1 Mac support), Linux, Amazon Fire, and Windows devices, all of which offer kill switch protection and 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your online activities.
In addition, the service also provides browser extensions for the Firefox, Edge and Chrome browser platforms. (Keep in mind that the browser extensions protect only your in-browser activities, while the rest of your activities are left open to observation.)
The provider also offers excellent router support if you need to protect more devices than the six concurrent connections allowed by the provider.
This provider also has you covered in the privacy department, as the company keeps no logs whatsoever of their customers’ online antics and displays a willingness to accept Bitcoin as payment for their considerable services.
- 60+ servers located in Spain alone
- Super-fast speeds
- Top-notch multi-platform app support
- Reasonably priced
- Strong encryption and security measures
- Process of selecting servers could be smoother
BEST VPN FOR A SPANISH IP ADDRESS:NordVPN is my #1 choice for grabbing a Spanish IP address. It provides fast connections, delivering smooth video playback, as well as excellent privacy protections and multi-platform support. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available, so you can try it risk-free.
Read my full review of NordVPN.
Surfshark’s numbers were good enough to grab the “place” spot in this horse race thanks to the low price it asks for its high-quality service, which includes an unlimited simultaneous connections allowance. The provider was recently named as the #1 cybersecurity company in South America.
Surfshark offers 3,200+ servers in 65 countries, with plenty of servers available in Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona. Surfshark servers provide access to over 30 Netflix libraries around the globe.
The provider’s connection speeds are fast and more than up to streaming Spanish content. Its content-unblocking abilities are formidable.
Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and IPv6 leak prevention all protect your connection. Ad and tracking blocking, along with malware and phishing protection is available, as well as “Multi-Hop” protection, which routes your connection through two VPN servers, adding to your anonymity.
Surfshark never saves any logs related to your online activities, and it lets you pay with privacy-friendly cryptocurrency if that’s how you roll.
Surfshark offers apps for an impressive number of platforms, including iOS, Windows, macOS (with full native M1 compatibility), Android, Linux, and Fire TV devices.
You can choose between Chrome and Firefox for your browser extensions, and protect all your devices through a single point of access with routers that Surfshark is compatible with.
One of Surfshark’s main selling points is its unlimited simultaneous connections allowance, which allows you to connect as many devices as you want to its servers concurrently.
- Plenty of servers in Spain
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Doesn’t break the bank
- Super fast connection speeds
- Missing some advanced features
BEST FOR BUDGET:Surfshark provides fast, reliable connections at a reasonable price. The provider’s unlimited simultaneous connections allowance is also a big draw. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available.
Read my full review of Surfshark.
ExpressVPN’s speedy connections, servers in Spain, and above-average content-unblocking ability make it an excellent choice for lovers of Spain-based streaming services.
The VPN provider has the globe covered with servers (3,000+ in 94 countries), including some located in Spain (in Barcelona and Madrid).
The service offers excellent compatibility with many streaming services, such as Netflix, allowing easy access to your favorite Spain-based content.
ExpressVPN delivers when it comes to connection speeds, providing more than enough bandwidth for any of your streaming needs.
Plus, the connections are protected with military-grade encryption, so you won’t have to worry about digital eavesdropping when you’re banking online or engaging in any other sensitive online activities. The provider’s proprietary Lightway connection protocol is optimized for performance and protection.
Your online activities will remain private thanks to ExpressVPN’s strict no-logs policy. The provider keeps no logs of any type connected to their users’ online travels. Bitcoin is also accepted here, ensuring your payment information will also remain private.
No matter which popular desktop or mobile platform you use, ExpressVPN likely has a native app for it. Apps are available for devices on the macOS, Linux, Windows, Android, and iOS platforms. Chrome, Edge and Firefox browser extensions are available to protect your browsing sessions.
Although the provider is a bit tight with their simultaneous connections allowance, allowing only five devices to be simultaneously connected on a single account, they do support numerous router makes and models, making it easy to protect multiple devices via a single access point. The provider recently updated its router features, improving the interface and router performance.
- Speedy connections
- Excellent global server coverage, with servers located in Spain
- Military-grade encryption and kill switch protection
- Efficiently opens access to many popular streaming services
- Higher priced than other providers
- Only allows five concurrent connections
GREAT FOR STREAMING:ExpressVPN’s impressive content-unblocking ability, combined with its fast speeds and servers in Spain, will give you a Spanish IP address that will open up access to no-buffering streaming content in Spain. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available.
Read my full review of ExpressVPN.
Those of you that are newbies when it comes to VPNs may find CyberGhost to be your best choice. The provider’s apps offer one-click protection.
More than 7,900 CyberGhost servers are stationed around the globe in 90+ countries, with 190+ located in Spain.
CyberGhost offers fast connections, ensuring a top-notch experience with gaming, streaming, and file sharing. No bandwidth limitations or data caps to worry about here.
Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak prevention keep your connections protected, as does ad, malicious website, and online tracker blocking. There’s also the ability to force websites to serve up HTTPS versions of their web pages.
CyberGhost follows a no-logs policy and accepts Bitcoin as an anonymous, secure payment method.
The provider doesn’t let you down in the multi-platform support arena, either. Easy-to-use apps are available for the Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, Android TV, and Amazon Fire device platforms.
Firefox and Chrome browser extensions are also available, as is excellent router compatibility.
The provider also offers a password manager, as well as an ID guard feature that warns you if/when your email address is included in a data breach. In addition, the provider offers a Security Suite for Windows, delivering antivirus protection, a Privacy Guard that allows you to customize how much personal data Microsoft can access, and a feature that scans your machine for outdated and vulnerable applications.
Customer support includes always-available live support chat, a trouble ticket tracking system, and a searchable knowledge base.
- Plenty of servers in Spain
- Excellent connection encryption
- Top-notch multi-platform app support
- Missing some advanced options
- Doesn’t work reliably from inside China
BEST FOR ROOKIE VPN USERS:Easy-to-use apps make CyberGhost an excellent option for first time VPN users. Fast connection speeds add to the provider’s appeal, as does its comprehensive security and privacy protections. A 45-day, no-risk money-back guarantee is available.
Read my full review of CyberGhost.
Private Internet Access (PIA) provides reliable access to Spanish IP addresses, while also delivering top-notch online security and privacy.
The provider has 3,300+ servers, stationed in more than 80 countries (Spain included), providing reliable access to geo-controlled content around most of the world.
Admittedly, the provider’s download speeds are not the fastest around. However, they can easily handle your favorite online pastimes.
The provider protects its customers’ connections with government-level encryption, IP/DNS leak prevention, and a kill switch. The provider can also block ads, trackers, malware and malicious sites.
PIA follows a strict no server logs policy and accepts Bitcoin as payment. This means there is no traceable connection between your online activities, your payment information and you.
Native app offerings include options for the Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux device platforms. Chrome, Opera and Firefox browser extensions are also available, as is Linksys, Asus and Netgear router compatibility.
Up to 10 devices are allowed to be simultaneously connected on a single account.
Live support chat, a trouble ticket form, and a searchable support/troubleshooting library add up to comprehensive customer support.
For more information, visit the Private internet Access VPN website.
- Support for many popular devices, browsers, and routers
- Comprehensive online security and privacy
- Up to 10 devices can be connected at once
- No streaming-optimized servers
- Issues working in some restrictive areas
PROVIDES RELIABLE ACCESS TO SPANISH ADDRESSES:Private Internet Access provides reliable access to Spanish IP. The provider provides comprehensive online security and privacy protections. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available.
PrivateVPN manages to score a top seven finish thanks to its fast connection speeds, excellent privacy protections, and top-notch app support.
While PrivateVPN may not have been in business as long as many of its competitors, it has quickly gained a reputation for high levels of service.
This provider’s global server coverage is somewhat limited when compared to other providers in the top seven (just 200+ server locations in 60 countries), but it does have Spain covered thanks to servers in Madrid.
PrivateVPN follows a self-imposed no-logs policy, keeping no record of any of its customers’ online travels while connected to their servers. The company also accepts Bitcoin in return for its services, keeping your payment info incognito as well.
Speedy connections are the name of the game at PrivateVPN, meaning your favorite Spanish content will begin quickly and stream smoothly.
You’ll have access on most popular device platforms, including your Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android machines. Kodi media player users can take advantage of the provider’s Kodi add-on, and the service works well with various router makes and models.
All of the apps above use military-grade encryption, and up to 6 devices can be connected using the same login credentials.
- Well-protected connections
- Protects your privacy well, keeping no logs and accepts Bitcoin
- Includes an add-on for Kodi
- Gobal server coverage comes up short (but does have some servers in Spain)
- No around-the-clock customer support
RELIABLE, FAST ACCESS TO SPANISH IPs:PrivateVPN offers fast connections protected with military-grade encryption, as well as comprehensive privacy protections. The Kodi option is a definite plus. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available.
Read my full review of PrivateVPN.
Atlas VPN provides reliable access to IP addresses inside of the country of Spain. The provider also keeps your online travels incognito.
While the provider’s global server network (750+ servers stationed in more than 42 countries) isn’t the largest around, it certainly gets the job done in the countries that it serves.
Atlas VPN delivers impressive download speeds, and its no data cap connections provide more than enough bandwidth for any online pastimes you may enjoy.
All Atlas VPN-provided connections are protected with government-grade encryption, a kill switch and other safeguards. The provider’s proprietary Safebrowse and Safebrowse Plus features block iffy websites as well as unwanted ads. The Atlas VPN MultiHop+ feature selects a random exit server, rotating it as you browse, providing added anonymity.
The provider follows a strict no-server-logs policy ensuring that there is no usage evidence to be used against you later and a cryptocurrency payment option protects your payment privacy.
Atlas VPN’s native app offerings are available for Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV devices. While Linux support, browser extensions, or router support are currently unavailable. However, support for all three is being developed.
There are no limits on the number of devices users can simultaneously connect to the provider’s servers on a single account.
Customer support offerings include a live subscriber chat feature, email, a contact form and a support library.
- Reliable access to Spanish IPs
- Comprehensive privacy and security protections
- Supports multiple devices
- No Linux support
- Global server coverage needs expansion
- No browser extensions
UNLIMITED SPANISH IP ADDRESSES:Atlas VPN’s small but growing global server network delivers reliable access to Spanish IPs. Top-notch connection protection keeps your online antics undercover. The device support is a bit lacking, but they’re working on it. A 30-day money-back guarantee is available.
Read my full review of Atlas VPN.
Methodology for Assessing VPNs for a Spanish IP address
Not every VPN can provide reliable access to a Spanish IP address. Always look for certain features of any VPN service provider that you consider, including:
- Connection speed: Whether you enjoy streaming, gaming, file sharing or any other online activity, a fast connection makes it more enjoyable. All of the VPNs on my lists offer fast connections.
- Global server network: If you’re in search of a Spanish IP address, your VPN of choice needs to have servers located in Spain (that’s called logic). Each VPN on this list has servers located in Spain, in addition to servers stationed in numerous other locations around the globe.
- Value: A VPN should not ask for a subscription price out of line with its service offerings. Each VPN on my list asks a reasonable price.
- Ease of use: A VPN should be easy to use. Each VPN on my lists offer easy-to-use apps that deliver top-notch protection, along with Spanish IP addresses.
- Security and privacy: VPNs are designed to protect your online activities. As a rule, they use government-grade encryption, an automatic kill switch and DNS/IP leak protection. No server activity logs are also a must. Every VPN on my list follows these rules.
- Streaming: Streaming is quite a popular activity among VPN users. Each VPN on this list offers reliable access to multiple streaming services, including Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and more.
My research does not end here. I also consider other factors when conducting my comprehensive VPN testing methodology. My data-driven approach helps me to better understand VPNs and their services. This allows me to recommend only those VPNs that fit your needs.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Grab a Spanish IP Address?
Yes, the chances are good that you can find a free VPN provider with servers in Spain.
However, you may be less than satisfied with the user experience that a free provider offers. Plus, your privacy could be at risk if you use a free VPN.
“Free” VPNs usually place a load of restrictions on the usage of their services, placing bandwidth limitations and data caps on their users. Plus, you may be forced to sit in a queue before connecting, and then you’ll find yourself limited to a few, select servers.
Even though your VPN service may be free, VPN providers have to make money some way, and many do that by keeping logs of their customers’ activities and then selling the information to advertisers.
Some free VPNs will even inject advertisements and tracking cookies into your browsing sessions.
While it’s totally your call as to whether or not to try a free VPN, I’d strongly suggest you stick to the paid providers.
Spanish IP Address VPN FAQs
What Is the Best Free VPN for Getting a Spanish IP Address?
Beware of free VPNs. Free VPNs have a habit of imposing data caps, throttling bandwidth and making users wait in a queue. Not only that, but they also track your online activities and sell the information to interested third parties, like advertisers. To stay safe, always use a paid VPN solution.
How Do I Change My IP Address on My iPhone?
To change your IP address on your iPhone, simply download your preferred provider's app. Go into the app, sign in and choose a server in Spain. Boom! You now have a Spanish IP address.
How Do I Change My VPN Location?
In order to change your VPN location, all you have to do is go into your VPN's server list and choose a server in another part of the world, such as Spain. Once you connect to it, you'll have an IP address from that location.
If you’re looking to find a way to obtain a Spanish IP address for your computer or another connected device, using a VPN service like NordVPN and the other fine providers we’ve taken a look at is arguably the most convenient and reliable method.
- How Can a VPN Help?
- How to Obtain a Spanish IP Address Using a VPN
- What Is the Best VPN for Obtaining a Spanish IP Address?
- Best VPNs for obtaining a Spanish IP address – Summary table
- 1. NordVPN
- 2. Surfshark
- 3. ExpressVPN
- 4. CyberGhost
- 5. Private Internet Access
- 6. PrivateVPN
- 7. Atlas VPN
- Methodology for Assessing VPNs for a Spanish IP address
- Can I Use a Free VPN to Grab a Spanish IP Address?
- Spanish IP Address VPN FAQs
- What Is the Best Free VPN for Getting a Spanish IP Address?
- How Do I Change My IP Address on My iPhone?
- How Do I Change My VPN Location?